Baseball Diamond News

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time to Re-Group

Well I was being quiet because they Cubs were on a streak and I didn't want to do anything that would change their luck, but that seems to have happened without me writing.

What has gone wrong? Well with Zambrano and Harden both out with injuries and hopefully with Harden they were just being on the safe side or if they weren', if the Cubs make the postseason it will be a short run. Also Fukudome has lost all confidence in his swing and looks like a Single A player at the plate. Hopefully the Cubs are letting him regroup and working with him, he needs to stop trying to pull the ball and lay off the curve ball (easier said then done).

I am hoping Carlos Zambrano injury is not serious, but I have a feeling the truth isn't all coming out. Why would he miss his MRI? What makes me more worried is that he hasn't looked good since July and already had his start delayed due to a "dead arm" and we all know the Cubs honesty with pitchers and their injuries.

Tonight the lost to the Cardinals in the bottom of the 9th on a close play at the plate. I was sitting on the couch and told my wife when Mr. Pujols was coming up with men on, why not walk him, he is only batting .360 and always kills the Cubs. Well we all know what happened next. I am not saying walking him, would have let to the Cubs winning, but it seems that when you are struggling you don't let the best hitter in league beat you.

The only good thing is that the Brewers keep sucking and losing to teams that they probably should be beating. As they lost tonight 5-4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory