Baseball Diamond News

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Simulation League

After 27 weeks in the simulation league I particpate in, I made the playoffs only to choke to BUF in 4 games, 3-1, in the wildcard spot. Had I managed things better in week 27, I would have been in much better shape for the playoffs, but instead vying to get homefield advantage I played my starters and lost my best player for the series, ATL/BAL Lopez. This was a major blow that my team was not able to overcome. I lost games 2 and 3 by 1 run and game 4 by 2 runs. Had Lopez not been injured we probably could have won either game 2 or 3 and anything coulda happened in game 5. During the playoff series I made a few decisions that were not ordinarly the decisions i would make and they ended up not working for me.
The next step now is build my team for next season and try and plan to make the playoffs for the 3rd straight year. The league is called IBL (Internet Baseball League) and my team is the Chicago Cougars.

We have been busy this offseason already making 2 trades and looking to make a few more. We will announce the trades here tomorrow. Next year will be a major platoon year for me as most of my guys hit one side well and the othe not so well. Also I need to pick up about 40 more starts to go with Oswalt-Carolos Zambrano-Drese-Bell as my starting 4.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory