Baseball Diamond News

Friday, March 31, 2006

Roster almost final

The Cubs have almost finalized their roster by sending down Rich Hill and Roberto Novoa and leaving Michael Wuertz and John Koronka fighting for the final bullpen spot. The Cubs still haven't put Wade Miller on the 40-man roster, but that should be happening in the next couple of days. Also it looks like Ryan Theriot has fallen into the bench spot. I am hoping the Cubs trade for/or sign someone that is more ready than Theriot, as this spring Theriot has hit horrible and probably could use some more seasoning in AAA.
Sean Marshall has been named the 4th starter in the Cubs rotation over Jerome Williams, who now goes to the 5th starter. I hope Sean can keep up what he has done this spring and even last year in the minors, but for the time being I am not going to get my hopes up too high. I figure worse thing that happens is he has a few bad starts and then goes back to AAA, but I also don't expect that to happen either. I expect him to throw a few gems, while following some of those with a couple of disasters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory