Baseball Diamond News

Friday, February 04, 2005

More thoughts on JD Drew

My good buddy Chris from IBL and who also runs the blog @TheBallPark brought up a valid point to me that I really never thought about. What if JD Drew did not want to come to Chicago? Now I don't know why someone wouldn't want to play 81 games a year in Wrigley Field, but I do know there are many people that don't like the park and/or don't like the Cubs. Maybe those were factors in JD Drew not being a Cub. For all I know maybe Hendry offered him the same contract or even a better one (I doubt that happened, but could have). Maybe Scott Boras (Drew's agent) didn't answer the phone when Hendry called, or maybe Hendry didn't answer the phone when Boras called him. All I do know is that it would have been nice to have him in the outfield, Sosa or no Sosa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory