Baseball Diamond News

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Cubs Report

Well after last night the Cubs are on a wining streak (2 games) and while I am not getting excited it is nice to see that instead of the losing streak that has been permanently etched in the newspapers. Do I think the Cubs will continue this streak? That answer is no. Not unless some changes are made to the lineup and not just moving the order around, but actual changing of players. I know I have been harping on this in almost every column and it is easier said than done, but I also don't think that it is that hard to make a change or two for the better, especially when you lose 14 of 16 games (can’t get much worse than that).

The Cubs are lucky that the Nationals are in town during this streak because they are one team in the National League that is actually as bad as the Cubs. Not only did the Cubs beat them the first 2 games, but the also shut them out both games. While this makes the pen very happy, as they have been used too much already, fans should understand it was verse the Nationals. They still have made bone head base-running errors in this series and as I stated in a different column, Baker sending his clean-up hitter in there to bunt so even with the 2 wins lots of room for improvement.

SIDE NOTE:
To the MORON FAN that threw the ball at Jacque Jones, you should be banned from ever entering Wrigley field again and I also think charged with attempted aggravated assault. I agree that fans have to right to boo anyone they want for the money they pay, but throwing a ball at a person is almost as inexcusable as running on the field. Reading the Chicago Tribune I hear it may have been a girl named Kate and the Cubs are not pressing charges and just saying it was a drunken fan. If that is not a "double-standard" I don't know what one is, I guarantee if it that ball had been thrown by a male, not only would he be kicked out of game, he would also have been arrested. Drunk or not drunk, male or female, young or old all fans at Wrigley Field should be responsible for their actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory