Baseball Diamond News

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

5 in a row:

The Cubs have started to put some victories together finally and now have won 5 in a row and 8 out of the last 10. This still leaves them 6.5 games behind the Cardinals, but at least they are showing the ability to win even with all the injuries they have had. Tonight we are sending out rookie Koronka vs. Derek Lowe, and I have a feeling we are going to need a lot of runs to win. I hope Koronka does well because of him being on the 40-man roster this winter we lost Andy Sisco.

The Cubs need to dump Enrique Wilson and sign a player that is more useful and can help out at 3b. At the current moment Macias can only pinch hit and is wearing a knee brace and Ramirez has been plagued with nagging injuries and now we have no real backup at 3b. I know Ramirez is hot now, but I am sure he is going to need a game or two off soon and I am hoping not to have to see Enrique Wilson at 3b. If this is not enough reason to dump Wilson and sign another player or bring someone else up I am not sure what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory