Baseball Diamond News

Monday, May 23, 2005

Go Cubs!!

I was out of town the last few days in LA for my cousin Annette's wedding. I didn't have much time to write while I was gone. I went to the Dodgers-Angels game on Saturday, but I will write about that in a different column.
I also went to the Cubs game tonight and sat in section 202 thanks to my friend John Scarano who called me up this afternoon and offered me his tickets. Thanks John, great game.
Dubois came through big for the Cubs Sunday verse the White Sox by hitting that 3-run homer in the 6th inning to help them win. Then today he made a nice throw from LF to throw out Ensberg at 2b. Maybe Dusty has been reading people's blogs, as Jason has started 9 of the last 11 games and has started to play much better the last couple. Also tonight Glendon was superb, and he has exceeded my expectations so far this year and has been a bright spot in what so far has been a disappointing season.
Cub fans during the game got a scare today when Jeromy Burnitz and Corey Patterson ran into each other. Corey stayed down on the ground for a moment, but then hopped back up and ran off the field. He then got a single the next inning only to be picked off first base with Glendon at bat. Corey did his best to make up for it with a homer later.
Dempster came in tonight and looked very sharp. He faced 3 batters (Biggio, Berkman, Ensberg) and retired them all on 3 pitches. Hopefully he can keep it up and Borowski and Wuertz can be the setup men. This might help bring some stability to the pen, while letting Ohman, Bartosh, Remlinger, Hawkins fight it out for the other innings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory