Baseball Diamond News

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Lots of news

Well it has been a while since my last update. I have been swamped at home and other things in life. Every time I have wanted to sit down and write something another thing has come up. So where to begin. I owe everyone a prospect update, so on Sunday, Monday and Thursday I will do one for the weeks I am behind and be caught up.

Kerry Wood shoulder is injured again and they say he is going to be out up to 5 weeks. Call me a cynic, but I don't think they are telling us the truth. I have a feeling it is worse than they are letting on, but we will see. I was telling my buddy the other night before he got hurt it looked like something was wrong. Not with the way he was throwing it, but the way everyone was just connecting with his pitches, had speed just no movement. In the absence of Wood the Cubs will bring up Wellemeyer to go to the pen and bring Glendon Rusch to the rotation. While I am very happy with the work that Glendon did last year I am very pestimistic of him even coming remotely close to doing that again. I am sure he will have a few good outings followed by a lot of bad outings. I hope he proves me wrong, but I understand at the moment they don't really have many other options. Boy, Matt Clement would be nice to have right about now.

Also when is Dusty Baker going to manage? He is awful and never looks to have a plan or know what he is doing. I understand the Cubs have a lot of money tied up in his contract and don't want to fire him, but he has been awful. Yesterday with the game tied in the 9th, he let Robert Novoa (who has been awful since being brought up) go out there and walk in the winning run (which is inexcusable as a pitcher) because he is afraid to put in Latroy. So what happens the very next day, same situation going into 9th, but now he put in Latroy and we still lose on a bloop single that Hairston almost caught (and maybe should have). I am very glad he didn't put Novoa out there in today's game, but why do it in the previous game? Decisions like those kill the Cubs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory