Baseball Diamond News

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cubs starting off slow

The Cubs have lost their first series of the year to the Reds 2-1 after losing today 5-2. The Cubs who were hot as can be hitting in spring are cold as the weather has been here in Chicago the last few days. The one thing I have learned from these last few games is that Carlos Zambrano should NEVER start game 1. He can be there ace, but it seems on opening day that he gets too excited and just overthrows the balls. Ted Lilly looked real good yesterday and Marquis wasn't bad himself today and deserved a win today, but Soriano got picked off 2nd and the pen wasn't good today. Also not sure why Cliff Floyd didn't get to bat against Stanton today, I know a lefty vs lefty situation not ideal, but as big a fan as I am of Cedeno, I still wouldn't have had him ph for Floyd.

This weekend they play the Brewers and I am actually going to the games on Friday and Saturday, it should be fun and I will be cheering on as loud as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory