Baseball Diamond News

Monday, February 20, 2006

Spring Training is here. Opening thoughts.

Well it is finally that time of year again and I am all excited for baseball to be starting. Unfortunately I am not too excited for the Cubs season, but hopefully things will come together better than I think they will. I have a feeling the Cubs will be under .500 again this season, but anything can happen, so I will cheer and cheer and hope they win.

Funny thing I read on mlb.com about Scott Eyre, he doesn't run so he doesn't get shin splints. He does his cardio work on exercise machines; I wonder how many other teams allow one of their players do the same thing.

Jerome Williams is said to have lost 10 pounds this off-season and that can only help him. After a very promising showing his rookie year Jerome has been very inconsistent and hasn’t done much to show that he should be a permanent fixture in the rotation. Also last season he had his father’s kidney transplant on his mind and hopefully this season it won’t be such a hindrance. I am hoping that Jerome Williams shows enough to displace Glendon Rusch from the rotation as if you have read this blog in the past, I don’t think he is worthy of a starting spot in the rotation.

In other minor news Jason Simontacchi is going to see Dr. James Andrew on Monday as there is discomfort in his shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory