Baseball Diamond News

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cubs pick Tyler Colvin

The Cubs picked OF Tyler Colvin today with their first round pick (13th). This pick is a big surprise, his national rank (according to Baseball America) was 170th. In the scouting report it says that he has no tools that standout, but has added power over the year. Also is an above-average baserunner and an average arm. It was thought that he could go in the 1st 3 rounds.

My take on this pick is that he will become at best another Derrick May. I am hoping that Tyler proves me wrong, but this looks like another 1st round pick that is going to be wasted by the Cubs again. I know this draft was more deep in pitching than hitting, but I have to think that there were many better position players out there than Mr. Colvin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory