Baseball Diamond News

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Irony

Isn't it ironic that the Cubs lost today 9-1 and the 3 pitchers they faced in the game are all ex-Cubs: Wellemeyer, Pinto, and Nolasco. Ricky Nolasco started and went 7 innings giving up only 4 hits, 1 run, 2 walks and struck out 3, while Pinto gave up a hit and hit Bynum in the 8th and Wellemeyer gave up a hit in the 9th. I guess the one good thing is that Pierre went 2-4 today, but he still hasn't done much and I think in the end this trade will bite the Cubs in the ass.


Michael Wuertz came up back today from Iowa and got shelled verse a team that might as well be a AAA team. While I used to like Wuertz, I have soured on him as of lately. I still think he has a lively arm, but needs a pitching coach to help him and well the Cubs haven't had one of those in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory