Baseball Diamond News

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Prior season debut

Mark Prior probably wishes that the Cubs had left him in Iowa for a few more days after this performance. Four homers and 8 runs (7 earned) in 3.2 innings is probably also not what the Cubs had in mind either. I was going to say it was a good thing we got Prior back today because it forced the Cubs to put Glendon Rusch on the DL (and hopefully he stays there for a long while for roster purposes, not wishing Rusch any worse physical problems), but with this type of performance I don't know which situation is better. I hope that Prior's next start goes better than this because it would sure be hard to do worse.
The Cubs have worse troubles than pitching though. Yeah, it is hard to believe. I just got off the phone with a good old friend of mine, Mike Marron and he has informed me that this Cubs team has finally turned him off. Now I know people are thinking who cares about that guy not liking the Cubs, but it actually is a much bigger problem than you would think. Why? Well Mike has been a Cub fan for ever since he could cheer for baseball and has even been a season ticket holder for a while also. Now do the ineptness from top to bottom (Tribune Company, McPhail, Hendy, Baker, players, and a bunch of in-between people left out) in the organization and no signs of improvement anywhere he has finally decided to give up on them. No he is not becoming a band wagon White Sox fan either, just not going to cheer for or give the Cubs organization any money. Now I have not been pushed to the point that I am going to think about giving up on the Cubs (heck I am a Blackhawk’s season ticket holder), but I hope this happens to more people, maybe then the organization will learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory