Baseball Diamond News

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Cubs Update: Raul Valdez injured.

Well it looks like Raul Valdez is the first casualty this spring. He was actually hurt in the Domican Republic on a comebacker. He is still in a cast and is not expected to make the roster. I have been trying to read more about him because when I talked about him earlier I said I didn't know much about him. What I have heard is he has a lively arm and the Cubs hope for him to help out in the near future.
The Cubs also have had Jerry Hairston Jr. playing multiple positions for them during camp. This I think could be very beneficial to him and the Cubs. If Jerry can play some OF, 3b, and 2b for the Cubs he can be to the Cubs what Ryan Freel was to the Reds, but hopefully with better results (not that Freel's results were shabby). This then hopefully would mean some more playing time for Dubois, who I think will have a nice season for the Cubs.

2 Comments:

  • ryan freel plays for the reds dude.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:56 AM  

  • That is what you get for typing at 3 AM. I should know that Freel plays for Reds and not the Cardinals as he is on my fantasy team and my sim team.
    I have corrected it now on the page.

    By Blogger Greg Abcarian, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory