Baseball Diamond News

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Mark Prior

Well I know this is a little late, but better late than never. By now everyone who is a Cub's fan knows that Mark Prior had surgery and it revealed a lot more than previously thought. First I have to apologize to Mark Prior for questioning his willingness to play with a slight injury as I was wrong, sorry Mark. The Cubs blew this from day one as they had no backup plan for someone to take his spot in rotation and forced him to try and pitch, while not really trying to diagnose him right and fix the problem a couple years ago. Also I think we have seen the last as Mark as a Cub and not because the Cub's won't try and bring him back, but I think he is done with the hassle of being a Cub and doesn't want to deal with the management that mismanaged his career. I don't know if he will be able to come back and be what he was, but I think under the right ownership and some hard work, Mark can become a serviceable pitcher in the majors again.
I really wish the Cubs had put a leash on Wood and Prior in their early years and had given Dusty Baker someone he could have trusted in the pen because these guys could have been something very special. I know that Wood had already been hurt prior to Dusty taking over as manager, but he didn't help Kerry keep stress off his arm. Let's just hope that Carlos Zambrano's troubles are not because Dusty wore out his arm with his high pitch counts. If so, maybe the Cubs can hire a good lawyer and sue to get some money back (not like it would be re-invested in the team).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory