Baseball Diamond News

Monday, September 24, 2007

Umpires

After what happened to Milton Bradley yesterday with the umpires, I thought I would do a small rant. I am not a big Milton Bradley fan (as a person), but from what I saw yesterday he wasn't at fault. The problem I have been seeing over the last 5 years and I know others have too as I have heard in on talk radio and ESPN, that the umpires need to just shut their mouth. They are not figures in the game and they are not their for fame, if so they need a new job. They are their to call balls and strikes and call guys safe or out besides that they don't need to do anything else. Now I see umpires eject guys for just turning their head and giving them a bad look, that is ridiculous and needs to stop. I understand that the league doesn't want a bunch of complainers in it, but the instant ejection needs to go, but even that is not the worst thing that the umps do. It is this baiting they do with players that gets the players riled up and then leads them to be ejected. There is no reason to bait a player, even if that player says a few words to the ump they don't like, as long as it doesn't cross they imaginary line that has been setup in baseball for decades, then the ump should let it go. If Bud Selig doesn't take action soon against the umps, I can see this problem in next few years escalating to the point where there will be a physical fight soon and once that happens the credibility to umpires will be severely damaged.
Also I hope that Bradley gets day verse this ump (not physically) and gets him fired, sues him (for his now injury), or something of to those sorts.

1 Comments:

  • and they are not their for fame

    I think it should be spelled 'there'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory