Baseball Diamond News

Monday, November 12, 2007

Jacque Jones traded

The Cubs have rid themselves of a player that they should have never signed 2 years ago, Jacque Jones. The Cubs will help cover some of Jacque's contract and also acquire Omar Infante. I think if Omar makes the team that means that Mr. Fontenot or Ronny Cedeno will not be making it again.
I do like this deal for the Cubs as it forces them to get a new CF (or play Pie) and Omar isn't too bad of a utility player. He isn't the best of guy off the bench, but I think he is going to be much more effective than Fontenot was in the 2nd half of the year.
When I saw the Cubs had made a trade with the Tigers though, I have to admit I was hoping Dempster was headed over there. Maybe he still can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory