Baseball Diamond News

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Welcome back Ivan DeJesus

When I was a little child I used to love Ivan DeJesus, probably for no reason other than I thought it was neat that he had Jesus in his last name. Then he was traded away for Larry Bowa and Ryan Sandberg and then he faded away for me. I even remember being upset that the Cubs traded him for an old SS and some young unknown guy (good thing I wasn't GM then), but I am sure glad they made that trade.

Well Ivan is back in the Cubs organization as the special assistant to Lou Piniella. To be honest I have no idea what that means besides maybe he gets Lou coffee in the morning and new pencils to fill out lineup cards. I will say I am glad he is back just because it reminds me of childhood again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory