Baseball Diamond News

Saturday, June 09, 2007

My Thoughts

Well it has been about a week since I last posted and right now I am sitting on the balcony staring at the ocean in Florida. I am taking a week away with my wife and daughter and currently I am borrowing someone's wireless.

Since the last time I posted, Barrett and Zambrano got into a fight, Lou got ejected and then suspended and the Cubs did very well under Alan Trammell. My thoughts on the Zambrano-Barrett fight is that both guys need to use this as a turning point for their season as they both have been under performing on the field. Zambrano as I have stated before needs to be more level headed and stop getting so emotional. I think that when this happens he will become a more effective player. Barrett has had a bad year and needs to focus more and he has even stated that he needs more focus. On a side not Zambrano did very well his last start after the fight.

Lou lost his head the day after the fight and it probably was more planned than he says. He needed the focus off the team and on him and I think it was great. I do think the league was wrong by saying he touched the other umpire and I do have a major problem with the umpires being allowed to push Lou Pinella and have no recourse, but Lou gets 4 games because he touched the umpire and excited the Cub fans.. I don't disagree with the 4 days, but the umpires should get a day or so on the bench too if the touch a player or a coach (unless it is to stop obvious physical harm, then it should be allowed on either end).

It was nice to see Alan Trammell having the Cubs play well and win a few games. I always liked him as a SS for the Tigers growing up and was hoping to see the 1984 Cubs play him, but the pain of that season still hurts me to this day, even more so than the 2003 season. I still think the Cubs would have beaten the Tigers, but we will never know. Also last years Tigers were a major product of Trammell's coaching and even coach Leyland said that.

2 Comments:

  • I dont want to here about your vacations on the ocean. maybe if you cubs fans would get a JOB and stop worrying about what could of been in 1984 and 2003 and every other time they blew it in the 9th.....Than the team may actually win a few games

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

  • Mabye you should pay more attention to what is written. I wasn't worrying about the Cubs losing in 84 or 03 due to blowing in 9th, I was just saying I wanted to see the Cubs play the Tigers in 84, because I think that would have been a great series and the Tigers had a ton of great players to watch.

    By Blogger Greg Abcarian, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blogarama - The Blog Directory